Some of you may have already gotten an email from the BAA but volunteer registration is open for the 2022 BAA 10K taking place on 06/26/22! There is a need for amateur radio volunteers so if you are free that day and interested please sign up. If you have volunteered at a BAA event in the past the process is very similar and you should see a banner once you log in. If you have not volunteered at a BAA event in the past follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.baa.org/races/baa-10k/volunteer and follow the link to sign up for an Athletes’ Village account.
- After creating your account and logging in you should see a 2022 B.A.A Volunteer Program banner with a button that says “To Volunteer Click Here”. Click the button
- Fill out all the information in Steps 1 and 2
- For Step 3 choose “General”
- For Step 4 choose “Yes, I am an Amateur Radio Operator” and fill in your callsign and equipment
- For Step 5 choose “Apply as an individual”
- For Step 6 choose “Amateur Radios, Boston Common — Sunday, 06/26/2022”
You should get a confirmation number and an email shortly after. Registration closes June 10th so don’t delay.
BARC Public Service Chair
From Rick Savage KB1LYJ:
After a 2-year hiatus MS Walk Boston is back. Throughout the year, the National MS Society organizes walks to raise funds for multiple sclerosis research and patient advocacy. The Boston walk has long relied on hams to help ensure everyone’s safety.
This year’s MS Walk Boston is on Sunday, April 3rd. It starts and ends at Boston University’s Nickerson Field in Boston, and runs along Commonwealth Ave and Boston University. Volunteers will check in at 8:00 AM, and stay until the early afternoon.
To volunteer, register online at https://nmss.galaxydigital.com/need/detail/?need_id=659389
I’ll be organizing the hams for this event. In addition to registering, please respond me with the following information:
* Your call sign, full name, and name you prefer on the air
* Contact information: your e-mail address, and phone numbers where you can be reached (cell, home, office)
* Your shirt size
* The transmit band(s) of your radio(s), and other equipment you could bring
* Do you have any needs or requests we should consider when making your assignment?
I addition to contacting me All Volunteers must
This is a requirement of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Thanks for volunteering, and 73,
Rick Savage KB1LYJ